TOP PROFESSIONALS DO THEIR HOMEWORK BEFORE THE CALL
It doesn’t matter to them whether they’re working on a new client or just visiting an existing one, prior to the call, top professionals will do some basic homework. sHere are a few areas they’ll probably work on:
- Their company database. This can be full of interesting and vital information and is usually a good first stop.
- They will use the web. As simple as it may sound, it works and usually provides more information than can be used on 1, 2 or 3 calls. What you sell determines where you should navigate. The priority being the “About Us” page and the “Mission Statement.” Both should provide them with good hints.
- If there’s a “Personnel” or “Key Personnel” section on the web site, print it out. What may appear at first glance to be the least vital information, that may prove to be dynamite during the call, will be available there, as should be some information on the CEO.
- Googling the company could get you some really “juicy stuff” or you might unearth information about the company, its products, problems, challenges, lawsuits etc that might do you some good insight on who you’re dealing with.
- Type in your contact’s name. See if he or she has written something you can intelligently comment on, or maybe something about their life away from work that they’re really passionate about.
With proper research the top professional may just be luck enough to unearth some real selling treasure. It could be that their contact, Joan Smith that writes on Yellow Roses. You’ll never know until you read up.
Your initial investment here may be a few minutes to a half an hour, and if it helps bring you closer to getting a sale, then it’s worth it.
The top professionals I know thrive on working this way, because they know research brings them results and saves them time in the long run. It’s unfortunate other levels within the selling field don’t think that way.
#SalesTips, #BetterThanAverage, #LeadGenerators, #GenerateLeads, #ReferralSelling, #AllianceSelling, #ColdCalling, #DripCampaigns, #MassMarket, #MassPresentations, #Seminars, #TrainingSeminars, #FreebiesToSell, #JointVentures, #DirectMailCampaigns, #MailCampaigns, #AdvertisingCampaigns, #TargetMarket, #BeingAMarketer, #CallingYourWarmMarket, #EndoresmentSelling, #ValueAddedSelling, #Success, #SalesSuccess, #CreateLastingSales, #ClosingSales, #Sales, #PeterCollins, #PeterCollinsProfitMaker, #ProfitMakerSales, #Selling, #ProfitMakerSales.com