Spotlight on your Sales Success
Spotlight on your Sales Success is a book for the Sales Professional that wants to learn the Selling Secrets the top Sales Professionals use to stay on track and Make More Sales.
Example = Chapters 1-2
Spotlight on your Sales Success
The eleven chapters are cram-packed with Many Sales Secrets that the majority of today’s salespeople have never encountered or many reminders for the Seasoned Sales Professional to help get them back on track.
Just check out the index immediately below.
AN INTRODUCTION TO SPOTLIGHT ON SALES
Throughout the world today, the concept of selling is changing rapidly – and it is fair to say, far more rapidly than any salesperson would honestly like. Now, that is not to say that the selling styles have changed beyond recognition, but simply that what the consumer is prepared to accept as today’s norm has been moved (or perhaps, elevated) to a new and far more astute level. In fact, every salesperson in this modern era now senses that customers are both behaving and responding differently. Some sense that the consumer may be considered less friendly, whereas others expect more from the seller than ever before.
So what’s happening in what many would consider to the new way confronting the selling world? Many would say that behind it all are new found levels of doubt, distrust and faster modes of selling because of the impact the internet has made on today’s society.
It’s now a world where with just one simple click, mountains of valuable information is instantly made available to everyone. On the other hand, while changes in buyer attitudes may seem insignificant to many within the selling world, in reality it’s anything but that.
Many now tend to ask what’s changed in what has always been perceived as the selling world? The facts here are now also as simple as they are complex to the seasoned seller. Perhaps what needs to be understood is because new buyers tend to know more, in the main, they’re less trusting and often more demanding.
Here’s what we are really facing today. Most older salespeople will suggest that when they get in front of a prospect, they are able to function well and work at their craft with a high level of ability, competence and professionalism. But what happens if they can no longer get face-to-face with the prospect? Or what if the prospects door doesn’t open the way it used to and the seller is no longer able to present personalized facts and solutions? And what will be the modern sellers strategy if the prospect refuses to engage in the most basic of discussions, give the seller the time of day, or worse still, declines to provide time for a meeting?
What happened so often in the past is that so many sellers simply pushed the delete button and then moved on to the next customer. But the problem with this “old fashioned” strategy is that there will always be a limit to how many prospects are willing to do it the seller’s way, rather than the seller accepting that the buyer is ‘king’ and should be afforded the courtesy of doing things his/her way. In fact, the buyers who are prepared to bow to the seller’s way of doing business are becoming fewer by the day.
The reality of the current day is that the selling environment has changed, and what’s more, has changed permanently. Today’s savvy seller needs to rise above the crowd of slow, old fashioned or even hard to change tactics and marketing processes and see these newly changing acceptances as cold, had and unbending facts. New ways have to be developed to attract the type of buyer the seller wants. They need to ascertain that what it takes to be successful in sales is demanding but not particularly nor necessarily complicated.
To get you under way, here are 12 Chapters of suggested tactics you could consider for improving your sales performance both now and into the future. Peter Collins
Spotlight on your Sales Success Index
Chapter 1 – THREE WAYS TO GET OUT OF A SALES SLUMP – FAST
- So how does a Sales Slump Start?
- Now here’s how to get out of a Sales Slump Fast
- If you go Back to Basics you will get out of a Sales Slump faster
- But ensure you are in the Right Mind Frame as much as you are in a Selling Focus!
- And you Need to Break out of the Pressure of a Sales Slump
Chapter 2 – ACHIEVING GOALS USING POWER OF PERSONAL FOCUS
- Using Traditional Methods of Goal Setting
- Focused Sales activities based on Goal Setting
- Five Characteristics of Goal Driven Salespeople
- Sales Focus Starts in the Subconscious Mind
- The First Characteristic – Visualisation
- The Second Characteristic – Laser-Like Focus
- The Third Characteristic – Written Goals
- The Fourth Characteristic – Affirmations
- The Fifth Characteristic – KPI’s
- Here’s a Short Cut to Goal Setting that Works
- Applying the Basics to Goal Setting that Works
Chapter 3 – SALES REPRESENTATIVES V’s SALES PROFESSIONALS
- So let’s take a closer look at the two groups
- The Selling process is becoming more complex
- Sales professionals are visionaries
- Preparedness is one of the basic Professional Sellers objectives
- Getting it right is an Investment In Your Future
- Skills needed to Ensure You Stay Ahead of Your Game At All Times
- So Let’s Get Real – Are You Really in Sales, or Just Drawing a Wage?
Chapter 4 – YOU NEED TO ANALYSE YOUR SELLING SKILLS
Chapter 5 – NOTE TAKING IS A CRUCIAL SELLING TOOL
Chapter 6 – BREAKING DOWN THEIR DEFENCE BARRIERS
- The Best way to do this is to Practice, Drill and Rehearse
- A smile is a really important selling tool
- Asking for permission gets them on side
- Matching is another important selling tool
- Once everyone’s relaxed – get down to business
Chapter 7 – OVERCOMMING THE FEAR OF REJECTION, CALL RELUCTANCE AND PHONE PHOBIA
Chapter 8 – BETTER THAN AVERAGE SALES LEAD GENERATORS
- Referral Selling
- Endorsement Selling
- Value-Added Selling
- Selling by Calling Your Warm Market
- Making Sales by Being a Marketer
- Cold Calling a Target Market
- Selling via Drip Campaigns
- Using Seminars and Mass Presentations
- Using Training Seminars/Freebies to Sell
- Selling Through Joint Ventures
- Selling Through Direct Mail Campaigns
- Selling Through Advertising Campaigns
Chapter 9 – THE FIVE BIGGEST SALES BLUNDERS
- Concentrating too much on the Selling Process – but Not Concentrating enough on the Buying Process
- Not Educating Prospects about the Cost of Doing Nothing
- Calling on Prospects who Cannot Make Decisions at the Right Level
- Failing to Identify the Behind-the-Scenes Decision Makers
- Failing to Resolve your Potential Customer’s Fears
Chapter 10 – REFERRALS – BEST SALES ADVANTAGE
- The Real Power of Referrals
- Keep in Touch on a Regular Basis
- Each Call is a Prospecting Call
- Ask to Learn About Your Special Clients
- Phone Your Existing Clients when You Really Need Help
- Keep Your Extra Special Clients in a Special Book
- Acknowledge your Special Clients for the Help They Give
- Ensure you provide Excellent After-Sales Service
- Now for Some Really Helpful Hints
Chapter 11 – TEN SURE WAYS TO ATTRACT PEOPLE TO YOU
- Focus Your Attention on the Other Person
- Compliment People and Their Abilities
- Focus on the Things You Have in Common
- Talk About Thirds Party Success Stories
- Don’t Just Listen – Hear What They Say
- The Most Important Person on This Earth
- Offer To Be An Information Resource
- Send Your Good Customers Business
- Develop a Strong Personal Foundation
- Specialist Knowledge