The Desire to Win
One of the most admirable traits in a human is the desire to win. However, this should never become such an issue that it overrides everything else to the point, where the individual becomes so fanatical about winning that all else gets shut out. We see this trait in one off combat situations such as one on one boxing, wrestling and a host of other sports where the superiority of one person needs to show through over another.
Remember, the issue here is selling. A situation where everyone should win. The prospect, the salesperson, the team and the company. One needs to appreciate that each of us should have a healthy respect for what desire can do and the demands and the temptations that can go along with that desire.
Desire take to extremes, becomes obsessive – and that is usually not healthy. Here are some critical elements that should propel you in your desire to win – your desire to be successful.
- You should want to see your goals and accomplishments realised.
- You should want to see all of your hard work pay dividends.
- You should want to be rewarded for what you do well.
- You should want to prove that your dreams are stronger than all of your human limitations.
- You should want your goals to help you overcome the discouragements that come with them. And they will.
And if in the process you come first – that becomes a real bonus. For your desire, properly directed will allow you to strive for excellence in all you set out to accomplish. But remember, winning is not risk free. Winning means you start off on an adventure in which you don’t know what its going to cost you in the long run.
In winning there is no half-way. You can’t win big without taking the risk of losing big. Yet that all can be done without overdoing it. All it means is admitting to yourself and those around you, you want to win and then working as hard as necessary to meet your goal that you give yourself no excuse to lose.
But remember, your winning depends on how well you let others win around you. And that alone is the mark of a true professional.
Winning is a Desire for Success
Winning is a desire that makes you want to be successful at whatever you want to be, or whatever you want to do.
Look around you and see how many people you look up to who are successful in the game called life. What do they have in common? What are their individual character traits? And what makes these people winners.
Here are some of the factors psychologists have observed:-
- These people tend to learn from their mistakes and defeats. They look upon these situations as ways things can’t get done for now. But they climb back again and again working out how to turn these defeats into hard earned victories.
- They dream and set goals very few others would consider possible. But its in the seemingly impossible they develop the mind-set that enables them to break those records. And they continue to dream about things others dare not dream about.
- They believe in the spiritual. In other words, they believe in God. And the more they believe the bigger their faith grows. On the other hand, most who start out as disbelievers, or as atheists or agnostics … in time realise that without a higher power life is empty. And those people cannot live empty or meaningless lives.
- They know their limitations. They learn about their limitations early in life in most cases and have others help them achieve their true potential. Many learn the art of delegation to achieve this end. Others however bring out the best in others and then incorporate them into their team. These people work at accomplishment. When the moment of victory comes, so does pay day, and life pays well for the sacrifices made and hard work that goes into becoming and working at staying a winner.
Copy and distribute this content as often as you want. You are encouraged to share it. © Copyright Peter Collins, Sydney, Australia, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017
#SalesTips, #DesireToWin, #FocusOnTheWin, #OneOffCombatSituations, #EveryoneShouldWin, #HealthyRespectForADesire, #AccomplishmentOfGoals, #HardWork, #PayDividends, #RewardYourself, #ReduceLimitations, #OvercomeDiscouragements, #WinningForSuccess, #DesireForSuccess, #InCommonCharacterTraits, #KnowYourLimitations, #SalesSuccess, #CreateLastingSales, #ClosingSales, #Sales, #PeterCollins, #PeterCollinsProfitMaker, #ProfitMakerSales, #Selling, #ProfitMakerSales.com
This Article is by Peter Collins – In a sales career spanning more than 53 years, Peter Collins has focused on helping and bringing out the best in others – whether it involves training or mentoring salespeople, managers, business consulting to SME’s. Since the 1970’s Peter has built a reputation as a Nationally and Internationally Published author, and has 68 business books to his credit, but he is mainly known for one book based on the Audio Tape series of the same name, Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale. Peter had his first book published in 1969 and now has over 133 books in all, including Business, Marketing, Sales, Free Publicity, Body Language, Music and over 30 Christian books to date. Peters books have sold over 2.5 Million copies of his books over 49 years. In his personal life, Peter has been sought after as an encourager and motivator that has given of his time and talents freely despite his busy schedule. Subsequently, he has assisted churches, pastors, community and charity groups, as well as individuals through his teaching, training, development and on-going mentoring.
© Copyright Peter Collins, Profit Maker Sales, Sydney, Australia, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017, all rights reserved. Peter can be contacted through his website – profitmakersales.com
FACEBOOK BUSINESS GROUPS
Sales, Selling, Closing and Marketing Hints and Tips: https://web.facebook.com/groups/286045915084689/
Closing, Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1325421490866876/
Selling + Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283568298730178/
Share the Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229231267521364/?ref=br_tf
Friends of Peter Collins ProfitMaker: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1340727249317279/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN GROUPS
Jesus is Lord: https://web.facebook.com/groups/841772792591425/
Inspiration, Motivation and Bible Based Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847901328790418/
Christian Heros: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1168666616580368/?ref=br_tf
Christian Poetry & Poetic Verse: https://www.facebook.com/groups/109697049574664/
FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGES
Peter Collins Success Centre: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsSuccessCentre
Peter Collins Business and Uplifting Articles: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBusinessAndUpliftingArticles/
Peter Collins Closing Hints: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsProfitMakerSales/
Peter Collins Sales Hints: https://web.facebook.com/saleshintsandtips/
Peter Collins Business Services: https://web.facebook.com/Peter-Collins-Business-Services-5…/
Peter Collins Quotes and Sales Tips: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsQuotesandSalesTips/
Peter Collins List of Books: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBooks/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN PAGES
Peter Collins Christian Articles: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsChristianArticles/
Success Revealed Through the Bible: https://www.facebook.com/Success-Revealed-Through-the-Bible-1184249301630029/
What the Bible Says: https://www.facebook.com/What-the-Bible-Says-1826843094198048/
Peter Collins Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-collins-95b6b8105…