SUCCESS AND CHALLENGES
Jesus never reprimanded His disciples in public or made them feel stupid. He made them feel loved and appreciated. In fact, Jesus let his disciples know that He thought so highly of them that He planned to give them the keys to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 16:19). He never embarrassed them or belittled anyone who served Him. He overlooked their faults and limitations and celebrated their strengths. As ambassadors of Christ, and should speak words of hope and encouragement and build others up – focusing on their strengths. When we do this will begin to see God’s favour over our own life. Then we will experience each and every victory that He has in store for us.
- I have told you these things, so that you will trust me and may be assured of the outcome and have peace. In this godless world you will continually face challenges and difficulties. But take heart! I have conquered the world – so you can be an overcomer, and live in victory. John 16:33
- Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. Philippians 4:6 – Paraphrased
- Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:2
- Fan the flames of the spiritual gifts God gave you. Keep them ablaze! God doesn’t want you to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. And remember, God did not give you a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:6-7
- For I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all things in him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:11-13
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Business & Sales Tips
- A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him
- The moment you commit and quit holding back, all sorts of unforeseen incidences, meetings and material assistance will rise up to help you
- Determine the price you are going to have to pay to achieve your goal, and then resolve to pay that price
- Best reason to follow-up, is if you don’t, your customers will believe you’re indifferent about them. So try and get a referral from someone who becomes indifferent about you simple because they believe you’re indifferent about them
- Best way to dissipate pressure is to simply smile, then shut up. Over 95% of the time they’ll smile back, or simple say, “OK”, or, “Let’s go ahead”.
- I don’t measure my “success” every day. I measure how much we have left to do. In that sense, business success is just a form of persistence – Daniel Snyder
- I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right upfront, tell people what you’re trying to accomplish and what you‘re willing to sacrifice to accomplish it – Lee Iaocca
- Success is more a function of consistent common sense than it is of genius – An Wang
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in not giving up – Tommy Lasorda
· Every problem has a gift for you in its hands – Richard Bach
COMPANION OF FOOLS – Proverbs 13:20 – He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
COMPANION OF PROSTITUTES – Proverbs 29:3 – A man who loves wisdom brings joy to his father, but a companion of prostitutes squanders his wealth.
COMPASSION – Proverbs 2:9 Understand what is right, just and fair – every good path. Zechariah 7:9-10 Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.
COMPULSIVE GIVING – 2 Corinthians 9:7-12 – Give what you have decided to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever and he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Hebrews 13:16 – And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
Your thoughts determine your destiny. You can’t make a decision without thinking about it and you can’t think negative thoughts and expect a positive outcome. Proverbs 23:7 says: “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” If you dwell on God’s Word, “You are an overcomer,” and “You can do all things through Christ,” then soon, you will become what the scripture says and your life will be on God’s path to victory. The next time the enemy gives you negative thoughts, use it as an opportunity praise the Lord! God is faithful to His Word and as you continue to seek Him, He will complete the work He begun in your life. As you keep your thoughts on God, you will discover the champion in you! Time is the most valuable assets God has given us. There are only 24 hours in a day, and once they’re gone, they’re gone forever. Are you spending time with God daily and investing in relationships with family and friends? God wants you to live a focused, disciplined life, full of purpose and hope. Start each day asking the Lord what He would have you to do there is no limit to what you can accomplish. God promises to take you places you’ve never dreamed possible and you will experience a more abundant life than you ever imagined.
This Article is by Peter Collins – In a sales career spanning more than 53 years, Peter Collins has focused on helping and bringing out the best in others – whether it involves training or mentoring salespeople, managers, business consulting to SME’s. Since the 1970’s Peter has built a reputation as a Nationally and Internationally Published author, and has 68 business books to his credit, but he is mainly known for one book based on the Audio Tape series of the same name, Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale. Peter had his first book published in 1969 and now has over 133 books in all, including Business, Marketing, Sales, Free Publicity, Body Language, Music and over 30 Christian books to date. Peters books have sold over 2.5 Million copies of his books over 49 years. In his personal life, Peter has been sought after as an encourager and motivator that has given of his time and talents freely despite his busy schedule. Subsequently, he has assisted churches, pastors, community and charity groups, as well as individuals through his teaching, training, development and on-going mentoring.
© Copyright Peter Collins, Profit Maker Sales, Sydney, Australia, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017, all rights reserved. Peter can be contacted through his website – profitmakersales.com
FACEBOOK BUSINESS GROUPS
Sales, Selling, Closing and Marketing Hints and Tips: https://web.facebook.com/groups/286045915084689/
Closing, Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1325421490866876/
Selling + Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283568298730178/
Share the Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229231267521364/?ref=br_tf
Friends of Peter Collins ProfitMaker: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1340727249317279/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN GROUPS
Jesus is Lord: https://web.facebook.com/groups/841772792591425/
Inspiration, Motivation and Bible Based Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847901328790418/
Christian Heros: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1168666616580368/?ref=br_tf
Christian Poetry & Poetic Verse: https://www.facebook.com/groups/109697049574664/
FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGES
Peter Collins Success Centre: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsSuccessCentre
Peter Collins Business and Uplifting Articles: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBusinessAndUpliftingArticles/
Peter Collins Closing Hints: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsProfitMakerSales/
Peter Collins Sales Hints: https://web.facebook.com/saleshintsandtips/
Peter Collins Business Services: https://web.facebook.com/Peter-Collins-Business-Services-5…/
Peter Collins Quotes and Sales Tips: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsQuotesandSalesTips/
Peter Collins List of Books: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBooks/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN PAGES
Peter Collins Christian Articles: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsChristianArticles/
Success Revealed Through the Bible: https://www.facebook.com/Success-Revealed-Through-the-Bible-1184249301630029/
What the Bible Says: https://www.facebook.com/What-the-Bible-Says-1826843094198048/
Peter Collins Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-collins-95b6b8105…