SUCCESS AND BRAGGING ABOUT THINGS
When you’re really confused, worried or don’t have a clue what to do, don’t let panic or worry guide your decisions. Relax for a minute and let God work. You’ll be amazed at the insight you get from waiting on God instead of striving to find answers on your own. Before you make any decision read Philippians 4:11-13. It’s a great Scripture. “For I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all things in him who strengthens me.” Don’t always react on your first impulse – instead, meditate on what God would want from you and realize that He is in control. You’ll be able to see His hand working in just about any situation when you take a step back and realize it’s not your plan, but His.
- Behold, the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder, where the inclination of the pilot desires. So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. James 3:4-5
- Blessed is the man honours and fears the Lord and who takes pleasure in obeying God’s commandments. He will succeed in everything he does and overcome overwhelming setbacks. Future generations of his, who walk uprightly and trust in the Lord, shall also be blessed. Psalm 112:1-2
- I have told you these things, so that you will trust me and may be assured of the outcome and have peace. In this godless world you will continually face challenges and difficulties. But take heart! I have conquered the world – so you can be an overcomer, and live in victory. John 16:33
- Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. Philippians 4:6 – Paraphrased
- Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever. Psalm 145:2
- Fan the flames of the spiritual gifts God gave you. Keep them ablaze! God doesn’t want you to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. And remember, God did not give you a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:6-7
Business & Sales Tips
- All causation is mental, and your thoughts become realities. Your thoughts are created. You become what you think about most of the time
- Learn from the experts. You will not live long enough to figure it all out for yourself
- You are invariably attracted to, and most compatible with, people who have the same values, beliefs and convictions that you do
- Denial of some unpleasant reality lies at the core of most stress, unhappiness and psychosomatic illness
- Because no-one knows anything about the future makes the forecasters more Before and after work and on weekends, read everything there is to read about selling. Go to trade shows, read the trade magazines, spend time talking to the people you do business with about their business and the people they buy from.
- Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardour and attended to with diligence – Abigail Adams
- Let not your mind run on what you lack as much as on what you have already – Marcus Aurelius
- Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome – Samuel Johnson
- Of all the properties which belong to honorable men, not one is so highly prized as that of character – Henry Clay
- If you play to win, as I do, the game never ends – Stan Mikita
CARE – Ecclesiastes 11:10 – Banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigour are meaningless. Proverbs 27:18 – He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his master will be honoured.
CARES – Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
CAST YOUR ANXIETY- 2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 1 Peter 5:6-7 – Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
CEREMONIAL FOOD – Hebrews 13:9 – Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them.
CHARACTER – 1 Corinthians 15:33 – Bad company corrupts good character.
CHARACTER – Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have.
CHARITY – Colossians 3:14 – Put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
CHEEK FORGIVENESS – Luke 6:29-31 – If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn the other. If someone takes your cloak, give him your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
CHEERED UP – Proverbs 12:25 – An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
Your thoughts determine your destiny. You can’t make a decision without thinking about it and you can’t think negative thoughts and expect a positive outcome. Proverbs 23:7 says: “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” If you dwell on God’s Word, “You are an overcomer,” and “You can do all things through Christ,” then soon, you will become what the scripture says and your life will be on God’s path to victory. The next time the enemy gives you negative thoughts, use it as an opportunity praise the Lord! God is faithful to His Word and as you continue to seek Him, He will complete the work He begun in your life. As you keep your thoughts on God, you will discover the champion in you!
This Article is by Peter Collins – In a sales career spanning more than 53 years, Peter Collins has focused on helping and bringing out the best in others – whether it involves training or mentoring salespeople, managers, business consulting to SME’s. Since the 1970’s Peter has built a reputation as a Nationally and Internationally Published author, and has 68 business books to his credit, but he is mainly known for one book based on the Audio Tape series of the same name, Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale. Peter had his first book published in 1969 and now has over 133 books in all, including Business, Marketing, Sales, Free Publicity, Body Language, Music and over 30 Christian books to date. Peters books have sold over 2.5 Million copies of his books over 49 years. In his personal life, Peter has been sought after as an encourager and motivator that has given of his time and talents freely despite his busy schedule. Subsequently, he has assisted churches, pastors, community and charity groups, as well as individuals through his teaching, training, development and on-going mentoring.
© Copyright Peter Collins, Profit Maker Sales, Sydney, Australia, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017, all rights reserved. Peter can be contacted through his website – profitmakersales.com
FACEBOOK BUSINESS GROUPS
Sales, Selling, Closing and Marketing Hints and Tips: https://web.facebook.com/groups/286045915084689/
Closing, Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1325421490866876/
Selling + Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283568298730178/
Share the Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229231267521364/?ref=br_tf
Friends of Peter Collins ProfitMaker: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1340727249317279/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN GROUPS
Jesus is Lord: https://web.facebook.com/groups/841772792591425/
Inspiration, Motivation and Bible Based Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847901328790418/
Christian Heros: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1168666616580368/?ref=br_tf
Christian Poetry & Poetic Verse: https://www.facebook.com/groups/109697049574664/
FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGES
Peter Collins Success Centre: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsSuccessCentre
Peter Collins Business and Uplifting Articles: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBusinessAndUpliftingArticles/
Peter Collins Closing Hints: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsProfitMakerSales/
Peter Collins Sales Hints: https://web.facebook.com/saleshintsandtips/
Peter Collins Business Services: https://web.facebook.com/Peter-Collins-Business-Services-5…/
Peter Collins Quotes and Sales Tips: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsQuotesandSalesTips/
Peter Collins List of Books: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBooks/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN PAGES
Peter Collins Christian Articles: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsChristianArticles/
Success Revealed Through the Bible: https://www.facebook.com/Success-Revealed-Through-the-Bible-1184249301630029/
What the Bible Says: https://www.facebook.com/What-the-Bible-Says-1826843094198048/
Peter Collins Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-collins-95b6b8105…