Seven Ways to Kill the Price Issue – Before the Prospect Kills the Sale
I wish I had a dollar every time I heard someone tell me, “They didn’t sell because, the prospect couldn’t afford it,” “They needed to discuss the price with someone else first,” or “They’d buy it if only it wasn’t so expensive,” and so on.
To a high income professional the solution is simple, they usually don’t get these type of responses because their presentation has been written and delivered in a manner which eliminates this one problem. To them price is never an issue, and ever since I learned of this one point (and worked out how to apply it to my presentations), I too was rarely bothered by it.
But most people aren’t in the top 5% of income earners, and to them this problem is real. Then I found, if you tell most people how to fix it, they nod their head in appreciation, thank you for your time, and come back a month or two later asking the same question. I’d again tell them how to fix it, get the same response, only to have them back again a month or two later.
I pondered long and hard over what I had told countless people, for what now seemed like countless years, and felt that perhaps I should rethink the problem and come up with a more user-friendly solution. And here it is. But remember, it is only an alternative to improving the manner and style of your presentation, and the on-going study any top professional gladly endures.
Here are some suggestions;
- Talk – if you need to talk about your company, then only try and talk about your company’s reputation, its people and facilities. The more you talk about foundational matters, the more confidence they build in your ability to look after their problems should the need ever arise.
- 2.Get excited – your prospect will never get more excited about your product than you do. And once excited, its hard for the prospect to cool down too quickly. The secret here is to present is such a way that the seller capitalises on getting excitement rolling in a number of sectors in the selling process.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in your prospect. When your prospect knows you genuinely care, price becomes less of an issue. Remember that famous line by Zig Ziglar, “No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
- Demonstrate the quality and value of your product. Let your prospect handle the product, or the parts as much as possible. If you are able to demonstrate your product or the parts, try and get your prospect to help you with the demonstration. And always allow them to personalise how that product will fit into their current need and how it will improve something or another that is important to them.
- Paint word pictures of as many after-sales benefits as you can and use third party stories as often as you can. Most people are, willing to pay more for quality benefits.
- Furnish test results, case histories and testimonials. Then show your prospect a list of happy customers and how you’ve helped them. This can be written testimonials, testimonials on smart phones or tablets. But the best way to do this is to call a satisfied customer that is pleased to tell them how you helped them.
- Always be willing to go the extra mile and follow through on commitment. The more you show you are willing to serve, the less the price matters and the more willing they will be to pass on referrals and to increase their business with you on an on-going basis
Copy and distribute this content as often as you want. You are encouraged to share it. © Copyright Peter Collins, Sydney, Australia, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017
#SalesTips, #7WaysToKillThePriceIssue, #BeforetheProspectKillsTheSale, #PriceIssue, #KillsTheSalesStoneDead, #Talk, #GetExcited, #GenuineInterest, #demonstrateQuality, #BuildValue, #PaintWordPictures, #FurnishTestResults, #AlwaysBeWilling, #SalesSuccess, #CreateLastingSales, #ClosingSales, #Sales, #PeterCollins, #PeterCollinsProfitMaker, #ProfitMakerSales, #Selling, #ProfitMakerSales.com
This Article is by Peter Collins – In a sales career spanning more than 53 years, Peter Collins has focused on helping and bringing out the best in others – whether it involves training or mentoring salespeople, managers, business consulting to SME’s. Since the 1970’s Peter has built a reputation as a Nationally and Internationally Published author, and has 68 business books to his credit, but he is mainly known for one book based on the Audio Tape series of the same name, Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale. Peter had his first book published in 1969 and now has over 133 books in all, including Business, Marketing, Sales, Free Publicity, Body Language, Music and over 30 Christian books to date. Peters books have sold over 2.5 Million copies of his books over 49 years. In his personal life, Peter has been sought after as an encourager and motivator that has given of his time and talents freely despite his busy schedule. Subsequently, he has assisted churches, pastors, community and charity groups, as well as individuals through his teaching, training, development and on-going mentoring.
© Copyright Peter Collins, Profit Maker Sales, Sydney, Australia, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017, all rights reserved. Peter can be contacted through his website – profitmakersales.com
FACEBOOK BUSINESS GROUPS
Sales, Selling, Closing and Marketing Hints and Tips: https://web.facebook.com/groups/286045915084689/
Closing, Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1325421490866876/
Selling + Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283568298730178/
Share the Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229231267521364/?ref=br_tf
Friends of Peter Collins ProfitMaker: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1340727249317279/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN GROUPS
Jesus is Lord: https://web.facebook.com/groups/841772792591425/
Inspiration, Motivation and Bible Based Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847901328790418/
Christian Heros: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1168666616580368/?ref=br_tf
Christian Poetry & Poetic Verse: https://www.facebook.com/groups/109697049574664/
FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGES
Peter Collins Success Centre: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsSuccessCentre
Peter Collins Business and Uplifting Articles: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBusinessAndUpliftingArticles/
Peter Collins Closing Hints: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsProfitMakerSales/
Peter Collins Sales Hints: https://web.facebook.com/saleshintsandtips/
Peter Collins Business Services: https://web.facebook.com/Peter-Collins-Business-Services-5…/
Peter Collins Quotes and Sales Tips: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsQuotesandSalesTips/
Peter Collins List of Books: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBooks/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN PAGES
Peter Collins Christian Articles: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsChristianArticles/
Success Revealed Through the Bible: https://www.facebook.com/Success-Revealed-Through-the-Bible-1184249301630029/
What the Bible Says: https://www.facebook.com/What-the-Bible-Says-1826843094198048/
Peter Collins Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-collins-95b6b8105…