A GOOD SALES STRATEGY IS A GREAT WAY ACCELERATE SALES
No matter what your focus when selling, it all starts with a clear, powerful sales strategy.
Perhaps before I pass on the Way to Accelerate your sales, you should consider these questions.
- What is your written down 2018 sales strategy?
- How and where are you going to market this strategy of yours?
- What market opportunities or weaknesses are you going to exploit?
- What competitors are you going to take on as a part of your strategy?
- What new markets are you going to work on and penetrate?
- What changes are you going to leverage in your marketing, etc?
In all forms of sales, starting with a killer sales and marketing strategy is your key to success. On the other hand, having the wrong strategy or (worse still), no strategy can be both heart breaking and devastating.
Before you look to do anything, make sure you have a clear sales strategy that aligns with your goals. Why, because it’s extremely difficult to sell at a constantly high level without a strategy. And even though you have many ideas to move your sales forward, nothing will beat a clear, well thought out strategy for increasing sales.
Here are a few more factors to consider.
- Have you taken the time to evaluate your surrounding?
- Where do you see areas you could exploit to your advantage?
- What market opportunities are presenting themselves that you are not taking advantage of?
- What and where are the obvious revenue generating opportunities?
- Where and how is your competition failing in the marketplace?
- What is the potential current customer base buying or asking about?
- What sales and market dynamics have changed over the past 5 years that you can exploit to your advantage?
Look deep, inside and outside of the company for opportunities to build a killer strategy — it’s key to growing revenue.
The structure you undertake is the basis for a framework that holds up strategy. It’s the factor that makes sure you have the right strategy in place, because without a solid structure your strategy will not take you far.
The key is to make sure your structure supports your strategic planning and efforts.
In order to improve that, ask yourself these questions.
- Does your strategy require internal or external sales positioning?
- Does it require hunters or farmers to make it work effectively?
- Does it require specialised internet content and new web support?
- Does it require additional or alternative compensation/commission plans?
- Does it require new territories to be established or integrated with existing strategies?
- What other crucial factors does your overall strategy plan require to be successful?
Your structure needs to not only answer all of those questions to ensure your answers deliver as many foundational basis for your newly planned strategy. You should also remember that your base structure takes in account all of your changes and upgrades to your sales operations and the appropriate sales enablement as well.
It’s all of these things, and more, that are the key factors for you to consider to enact your new, or integrated strategy to be as effective as possible.
#GoodSalesStrategy, #AccelerateSales, #Written Down, #MarketingOpportunities, #Markets, #Strategy, #Leverage, #IntegratedStrategies, #ExistingStrateghies, #Strategies, #Superselling, #Supersellers, #Selling, Sales, #PeterCollins, #PeterCollinsAuthor, #ProfitMakerSales, #PeterCollinsProfitMaker, #profitmakersales.com
To read about a book click on the book. To access Facebook and Linkedin groups and pages click on the link
This Article is by Peter Collins – In a sales career spanning more than 50 years, Peter Collins has focused on helping and bringing out the best in others – whether it involves training or mentoring salespeople, managers, business consulting to SME’s. Since the 1970’s Peter has built a reputation as a Nationally and Internationally Published author, and has 68 business books to his credit, but he is mainly known for one book based on the Audio Tape series of the same name, Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale. Peter had his first book published in 1969 and now has over 133 books in all, including Business, Marketing, Sales, Free Publicity, Body Language, Music and over 30 Christian books to date. Peters books have sold over 2.5 Million copies over 48 years. In his personal life, Peter has been sought after as an encourager and motivator that has given of his time and talents freely despite his busy schedule. Subsequently, he has assisted churches, pastors, community and charity groups, as well as individuals through his teaching, training, development and on-going mentoring.
© Copyright Peter Collins, Profit Maker Sales, Sydney, Australia, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017, all rights reserved. Peter can be contacted through his website – profitmakersales.com
Go to the book – Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale