SUCCESS AND AFFLUENCE
Jesus never reprimanded His disciples in public or made them feel stupid. He made them feel loved and appreciated. In fact, Jesus let his disciples know that He thought so highly of them that He planned to give them the keys to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 16:19). He never embarrassed them or belittled anyone who served Him. He overlooked their faults and limitations and celebrated their strengths. As ambassadors of Christ, and should speak words of hope and encouragement and build others up – focussing on their strengths. When we do this will begin to see God’s favour over our own life. Then we will experience each and every victory that He has in store for us.
- The cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things . . . choke the Word. Mark 4:19
- Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly. Romans 12:6
- Fan the flames of the spiritual gifts God gave you. Keep them ablaze! God doesn’t want you to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. And remember, God did not give you a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:6-7
- The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18, NLT
- If you listen to and obey the Voice of God and all his commandments, God will position you to receive blessings over your life and all you put your hand to. He will pour out His blessings over your country, city, children, land, livestock, herds, flocks, basket and bread bowl – and he will bless your every move. God will defeat anyone who attacks you. They’ll come at you one way and be scattered seven ways. And God will order on-going blessings on all your reserves and at your workplace. He’ll bless you in everything He has given you and told you to do. Deuteronomy 28:1-8
Business & Sales Tips
- Once you ask your prospects questions, do you ask them the questions that are on their agenda – not just on your agenda?
- Training often alters what we say, use and believe. When was the last time you participated in a self chosen training course, listed to a product tape or read a book?
- Research shows that good listeners are involved in external reality – the affairs of others. Whereas poor listeners are involved in internal reality – their own agenda. And the only way to stay focussed on external reality is to go into the call with a pre-determined goal to listen to the prospect and absorb as much of what he/she says as possible. Invariably the poor listeners will turn the focus on themselves.
- He who has a thing to sell and whispers in a well, is less apt to get the dollars as he who climbs a tree and hollers.
- People don’t love us for our sterling virtues. Those they just tolerate and sometimes resent. But they love us for our human fallibility, our goofs and our successes. It’s the overall package that attracts others and their love towards us.
- If you treat everyone you meet the same way you would like to be treated in a similar circumstance, you’ll be surprised how quickly the barriers tend to come down
- One of the greatest things a salesperson owns is they’re individuality. In fact, most have very high individuality. When was the last time you sold using your’s?
- Honour lies in honest toil – Grover Cleveland
- Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end, It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s when you’ve had everything to do, and you’ve done it – Margaret Thatcher
· Everybody thinks of changing humanity, but nobody thinks of changing himself – Leo Tolstoy
· He who labours diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labour – Menander
- Mental climate a person creates determines whether he will have confidence even when things seem hopeless and courage even when apprehensive factors appear. DR NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
PROVISION – 1 Timothy 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Timothy 6:17-18 Command those who are rich not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.
PRUDENCE – Proverbs 14:15 A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps. Proverbs 22:3 The LORD will take up their case and will plunder those who plunder them.
PRUDENCE – Proverbs 8:10-12 – Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion.” Psalm 32: 8-9 – I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must
If you’re a dreamer, you also need to be a doer to achieve God’s best in your life. You need to dream big dreams, but have to also put your faith into action. The Bible tells us “faith without works is dead.” Whatever part of life needs an extra input of God’s blessings, continue to sow seeds of encouragement, hope, faithfulness and live a disciplined life. When you are faithful in doing that, God will reward your diligence and you will reap your harvest of Success. Time is the most valuable assets God has given us. There are only 24 hours in a day, and once they’re gone, they’re gone forever. Are you spending time with God daily and investing in relationships with family and friends? God wants you to live a focused, disciplined life, full of purpose and hope. Start each day asking the Lord what He would have you to do there is no limit to what you can accomplish. God promises to take you places you’ve never dreamed possible and you will experience a more abundant life than you ever imagined.
This Article is by Peter Collins – In a sales career spanning more than 53 years, Peter Collins has focused on helping and bringing out the best in others – whether it involves training or mentoring salespeople, managers, business consulting to SME’s. Since the 1970’s Peter has built a reputation as a Nationally and Internationally Published author, and has 68 business books to his credit, but he is mainly known for one book based on the Audio Tape series of the same name, Over 50 Ways of Closing the Sale. Peter had his first book published in 1969 and now has over 133 books in all, including Business, Marketing, Sales, Free Publicity, Body Language, Music and over 30 Christian books to date. Peters books have sold over 2.5 Million copies of his books over 49 years. In his personal life, Peter has been sought after as an encourager and motivator that has given of his time and talents freely despite his busy schedule. Subsequently, he has assisted churches, pastors, community and charity groups, as well as individuals through his teaching, training, development and on-going mentoring.
© Copyright Peter Collins, Profit Maker Sales, Sydney, Australia, 1994, 2002, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017, all rights reserved. Peter can be contacted through his website – profitmakersales.com
FACEBOOK BUSINESS GROUPS
Sales, Selling, Closing and Marketing Hints and Tips: https://web.facebook.com/groups/286045915084689/
Closing, Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1325421490866876/
Selling + Sales Hints and Tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283568298730178/
Share the Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229231267521364/?ref=br_tf
Friends of Peter Collins ProfitMaker: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1340727249317279/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN GROUPS
Jesus is Lord: https://web.facebook.com/groups/841772792591425/
Inspiration, Motivation and Bible Based Success: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847901328790418/
Christian Heros: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1168666616580368/?ref=br_tf
Christian Poetry & Poetic Verse: https://www.facebook.com/groups/109697049574664/
FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGES
Peter Collins Success Centre: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsSuccessCentre
Peter Collins Business and Uplifting Articles: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBusinessAndUpliftingArticles/
Peter Collins Closing Hints: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsProfitMakerSales/
Peter Collins Sales Hints: https://web.facebook.com/saleshintsandtips/
Peter Collins Business Services: https://web.facebook.com/Peter-Collins-Business-Services-5…/
Peter Collins Quotes and Sales Tips: https://www.facebook.com/PeterCollinsQuotesandSalesTips/
Peter Collins List of Books: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsBooks/
FACEBOOK CHRISTIAN PAGES
Peter Collins Christian Articles: https://web.facebook.com/PeterCollinsChristianArticles/
Success Revealed Through the Bible: https://www.facebook.com/Success-Revealed-Through-the-Bible-1184249301630029/
What the Bible Says: https://www.facebook.com/What-the-Bible-Says-1826843094198048/
Peter Collins Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-collins-95b6b8105…