Share on Social Media
Here are some do’s and don’ts in Ego Selling:
- Always compliment your prospect’s choice and dwell on this one point without overdoing it.
- Paint a word picture of ego benefits they will get immediately after they buy, not down the road some six months or more.
- Give them a more expensive quality item of a similar type and play on their ego again.
- Offer sound advice with accessories which do not oversell the product, or upset your delivery of ego benefits.
- When all that is done, shut up and let them sell themselves further. But never boost an ego and then take that glory away. You know someone you can try this tack on? Then do it, for if you learn the ego close well, it will be extremely beneficial for most clients.
Females tend to use this type of close better than most men do. Once you have sold an ego you continue to attract orders as long as you keep working on that ego. Besides, watch the referrals from each call you make on your ego client. They will be plentiful, well qualified, and in most cases volunteered, not asked for.
Link to this post:
<a href="http://www.profitmakersales.com/here-are-some-dos-and-donts-in-ego-selling-peter-collins/">Here are some do’s and don’ts in Ego Selling</a>